Monday, November 9, 2009

Recipe: White Chocolate Blondies

I'm not quite sure where brownies and I went wrong, but I'm not really a fan. Maybe it's just the boring, 'traditional' chocolate that I'm not crazy about. -I know, I know. Already you're thinking, "She doesn't like chocolate? What's wrong with her??". But, I do love white chocolate. Always have. And when I found this recipe for these white chocolate blondies, I had to try them!



8 oz. white chocolate, broken into 1" squares
½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
2 eggs
cup sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1¼ cups flour
¾ tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350, and grease a 9x9 baking pan. (You can also line the pan with waxed paper, and grease that.)

Melt the white chocolate and the butter together, stirring until smooth. The original recipe called for this to be melted using a double boiler over hot water, but using the microwave (at 40% power) for approximately 4 minutes is just as effective. Once melted, set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.

Gradually add sugar, vanilla extract and melted chocolate and mix.

Fold in flour, salt and chocolate chips until well combined.

Pour the mixture into the prepares pan and bake for 25 minutes.

Cool. Cut. Serve.



I only just recently tried this recipe, but I loved it. It was easy to make, quick to bake, and tasted delicious. Everyone loved them! I thought that the richness of the white chocolate would make them really dense, but that wasn't the case at all. However, they were definitely more fudge-like, than cake-like, so keep that in mind if you're thinking this will be more like a 'traditional' brownie. :)

With love ,
the Mydnyte Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment