Sunday, November 1, 2009

Grand Opening.

I would have loved to open all of this with a great picture of me in the kitchen doing my thing. However, given my night owl nature, there's rarely anyone else with a camera around to snap me in my element, and self-portraits are a little difficult to pull off when hand mixers and the like are involved. Funnily enough, someone always seem to come stumbling in just when something's finished.

It's not too unusual to catch me in the kitchen, prepping for some baking well past 10PM, sometimes even taking me right into the next day. But hey, when the mood strikes, it strikes. It's because of this very special behavior that my mother dubbed me, 'The Midnight Baker' (or for the purposes of this blog, Mydnyte Baker). She's my inspiration for a lot of what I'll do, so you'll be hearing more about her, and maybe even catching her in the kitchen with me on occasion as this blog continues.

Back in June, as it was becoming more and more difficult to find work, I had an idea to make it for myself. I have several passions in my life: shoes, fashion, Hello Kitty, baking and the WWE (one of these things is not like the other, I know!), and I'm smart enough to figure out a way to make money involving at least one of those, right? Right!

My love for baking started early. Of course like most, at first I was just enjoying the end results. Who doesn't love a warm cookie fresh from the oven? But as I grew, so did my desire to experience more. By my senior year in high school, I had been dubbed "Betty Crocker" by the Varsity football team for providing my practically infamous cookies for birthdays and big games all season long. They were in love, and I was happy to provide those warm and fuzzy feelings they got with every bite.

After that, it started to become more like a 'tradition' at my house. If there was something to be baked, I was in charge. No matter what it is, I'm always told, "There's just something about these...". Something that always seems to make them taste better than when anyone else attempts the same dish. And my response has always been, "I made it with love". I firmly believe that what you put into something, you will get out of it. I've always applied this rule to my baking, and as a result I feel like my products stand above the rest. In taste, presentation and appreciation.

So here I am, 5 months later, pushing my dream of With Love Desserts closer to becoming a reality. With this blog, I'll be sharing a few past projects, experiments, recipes and progress on my first ever business venture, along with all my new ones. So stay tuned. There's lots more to come. ;)

To you, from me, with love .
the Mydnyte Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment